I make frequent reference on this site to my dissertation, “Ethical revaluation in the thought of Śāntideva” (2007), so I’m making it available here as a PDF. Theoretically it’s also available through UMI, but I haven’t been able to find it there. I insisted that UMI post it as open access, though, so there shouldn’t be any copyright issues in posting it on my site as well.
Other free online writings include:
- “Śāntideva”, an introductory article for the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (2009).
- “The compassionate gift of vice”, an article about Śāntideva, gifts and politics for the Journal of Buddhist Ethics (2013).
- “The metaphysical basis of Śāntideva’s ethics”, an article for the Journal of Buddhist Ethics (2015).
- “Disengaged Buddhism”, an article examining multiple Buddhist thinkers and texts in the Journal of Buddhist Ethics (2019).
You can also view pre-print free versions of other articles online:
- “Beyond enacted experiences”, an article critiquing Ken Wilber’s analysis of premodern traditions for the Journal of Integral Theory and Practice (2012).
You can view my full CV on academia.edu.